The Best Wood for Making TipisNovember 23, 2020 7:51 pm Leave your thoughts
Homeowners looking to spruce up their property by adding a unique feature should consider constructing a tipi. A tipi looks great, is fun for the kids and doesn’t cost a fortune to build. Before you run to your Utah lumber yard to pick up supplies for the job, be sure you know the best wood to use for a tipi. This post will cover a few things to look for in your tipi wood:
- Flexibility: The first thing to look for in your wood is flexibility. Flexible poles will be easier to work with and are able to withstand strong winds and other inclement weather throughout the year. Aspen, poplar, river birch and pine are all fantastic options.
- Durability: One benefit of building a tipi out of wood is that it’s relatively easy to take down and set back up again. If you want to keep your tipi up all year long, be sure the wood is durable enough. Any of the woods mentioned above will do, but be sure to treat the poles with linseed oil before beginning construction.
- Authentic appearance: When people ask us about the best wood to use for a tipi in Utah, we often tell them to choose the woods that look the most authentic. Buy your tipi poles unfinished from Huberwoods, where we only sell uncut logs with the bark on. When you shop with us, you can rest easy knowing your tipi will be just like the real thing.
- Budget friendly: Wood is your largest cost when building a tipi, but this project still shouldn’t cost a fortune. Shop around and buy rough, unfinished poles that meet the criteria above without breaking the bank.
Why buy your tipi poles from Huberwoods?
You can buy the most flexible wood for building a tipi in Utah from a variety of different hardware stores or lumberyards. That said, here are a few reasons customers buy their wood from Huberwoods:
- High-quality lumber: At Huberwoods, we pride ourselves on only selling the best available lumber. We have over 20 years of industry experience, so we know what to look for in a quality lodgepole. Better still, if we don’t have just what you’re looking for, we can point you in the right direction!
- Correct sizing: Going to a lumber yard only to find out they don’t have the correct wood size for your project can be very discouraging. However, there’s no need to worry about that when you come to Huberwoods. We have a wide range of lengths and diameters, so you’ll be able to get just what you need.
- Wide delivery area: If you don’t have a vehicle large enough to take your new tipi poles home, don’t worry—we deliver within 300 miles around our store in Utah. Wherever your poles need to go, we can get them there.
Regardless of the size of the tipi you’re trying to build, be sure to buy the most flexible wood for building a tipi in Utah from Huberwoods. We have a vast selection of tipi poles that are affordable and ready to use!
Categorised in: Teepee Poles
This post was written by Writer